Hi lovely people, time to share my favorite hummus recipe! I use hummus for a decade now, but I still bought it at the shop in het beginning. Not because I was too lazy, just because I thought I couldn’t create that creamy, delicious and perfect hummus. I knew it wasn’t that hard to make, because you just need 6 ingredients, but I just wasn’t sure about my homemade version. Well, after I tried it (a lot), I finally find an amazing recipe. And… I think it’s even better than store-bought.
PREPTIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
PORTION 8 servings
- 250 grams of cooked chickpeas.
- 60 ml of (fresh) lemon juice
- 3 tblsp. tahini
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1-2 tblsp. water
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste.
- Combine tahini and lemon juice in the bowl of a foodprocessor. Mix for about 1 minute until all combined.
- Add olive oil, chickpeas, minced garlic and water and mix it again.
- When everything is smooth and combined, add herbs: cumin, smoked paprika en black pepper. Taste for salt and add just as needed.
- Remove the paste from the foodprocessor and place in a airtight container.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some spices.
Looking for a delicious dip for you crackers or raw veggies? Or just a vegan option for you toast? Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite hummus flavor? Let me know in the comments below.