Goodmorning!! It’s monday again, time for a new recipe! I always try to make my weekends (or at least one day) relaxed: I do just a little work, sleep more, watch netflix or chill with my friends and family. It’s also my moment to enjoy my guilty pleasures. One of them is… SUSHI. I actually always take just normal sushi, but today I have this amazing recipe with quinoa. I never made sushi before but it’s easier than you think! Take a look!
PREPTIME 30 minutes
COOKTIME 10 minutes
PORTION 4 big rolls (32 pieces)
- 1 sushi kit
- 120 grams white quinoa
- 250 ml vegetable broth
- 2 big carrots
- 2 avocados
- 1 cucumber
- 100 grams red cabbage julienned
- (Glutenfree) soy sauce & wasabi paste
- Optional: sesame seeds.
- Add 250 ml of vegetable broth and 120 grams of dry quinoa into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer for 8 – 10 minutes. When the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is nice an fluffy, turn off the heat. Let the quinoa cool completely in the fridge while you prepare your filling ingredients.
- Rolling time! Place the sushi mat on a flat surface and begin assembling the rolls. Place one sheet of nori on the mat with the shiny side down. Once quinoa is cooled, scoop 1/4 of it onto the nori. Spread it out into a thin layer over the nori with wet hands, leaving about a 1 inch strip uncovered along the edge farthest from you.
- Lay the the veggies down, then top with avocado. Lift the edge of the mat that is closest to you with your thumbs, holding the filling ingredients in place with your middle fingers.
- Roll the mat over the ingredients, pulling back and tightening it after each rollover. Wet the uncovered edge and roll through. Squeeze the rolled mat around the nori roll and remove from the mat.
- Repeat until all nori rolls are ready. Set aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- After half an hour remove rolls from the fridge and cut in about 8 slices. Notice, your knife is wet!
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi paste. Optional: add sesame seeds.
I’m curious to see what your favorite guilty pleasures are! Did you make this recipe? Tag me in your photo or use #lennaomrani in your caption! Let me know in the comments below if you like sushi either.