It’s Vegan Switch Friday again! Looking for a cozy dinner recipe to make this weekend? I’ve got you covered with this creamy and ‘cheesy’ Vegan Risotto with mushrooms. With just 10 ingredients this risotto is the best recipe you’ll find! And… it’s ready under 35 minutes!
”It really has the cheesy flavor!”
What I love about this Vegan Risotto is that it is so creamy and comforting. It’s easy enough to make for a mid-week dinner, yet fancy enough for an important dinner. And vegan or not, everyone will love this warm bowl.
The risotto is rich, thick and ‘cheesy’, and with garlic flavor. Topped with pan-fried mushrooms cooked in balsamic vinegar, it really brings an amazing flavor to it.
So, this is an unforgettable recipe that you should try. Serve as your main dish, or eat it the next day for lunch! With just 10 ingredients, you create an amazing and delicious meal!
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to use. You might already have them at home! For the Vegan Risotto you’ll need:
- yellow onion
- fresh garlic
- vegetable oil
- risotto rice
- vegetable broth
- nutritional yeast
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley
As you can see, the ingredients are simple and easy to use! Allright, grab your hands on the recipe for the Vegan Risotto!
Vegan Risotto with mushrooms
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 40 minutes
- 200 grams of risotto rice
- 250 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 15 gram edelgistvlokken
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 l. vegetable broth
- Fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Chop yellow onion and garlic. Add it to a large pot with vegetable oil and salt. Bring to medium heat and cook stirring often, until onion turns glassy.
- Add the risotto rice and toast until grains become lightly perfumed. Then add vegetable broth. Start with 500 ml, and adding more in splashes as it thickens, (I used 1 liter in total).
- Cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring often until risotto is desired texture. Add nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- While risotto is cooking, prepare the mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and add frying pan with vegetable oil and sea salt. Bring to medium heat.
- Cook mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Then reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and stir frequently.
- When the mushrooms are read, add them to the cooked risotto.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley and black pepper!
Store the risotto in an airtight container for 1-2 days in the fridge, or for 1-2 months in the freezer.
Did you try this recipe?
I’m very curious how it turned out for you! Share your creation with me on Instagram or leave a comment down below! Can’t wait to see your delicious food!