Enjoy a few Vegan Spring Rolls with Teriyaki Tofu for a healthy lunch or dinner that’s packed with fresh vegetables! Vegan, gluten-free & ready in under 1 hour. This amazing and easy new recipe for Vegan Switch Friday is one of my favorite summer recipes, especially with the Teriyaki tofu. Are you looking for more delicious vegan summer recipes? Try this amazing Yellow Rice Salad or this Green Pea hummus on toast!
”Vegan Spring Rolls for lunch or dinner is the best summer meal! ”
These Vegan Spring Rolls are refreshing, colorful and fun to make. I used Teriyaki tofu as the protein source in this meal, and believe me, it’s so good! If you’re not a big fan of tofu, try this one, you won’t regret it:)
The filling ingredients are flexible. You can use more carrot instead of cucumber, or extra bell pepper in place of the radish. Here’s my favorite filling combination:
- Red & yellow bell pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- verse munt
- Sesame seeds
- Tofu (of course!)
How to Wrap Spring Rolls?
Spring rolls can seem challenging, but it’s easier than you think, I promise. If you have folded a burrito or wrap before, you can definitely make these spring rolls! And… don’t stress if your spring rolls aren’t totally perfect. I have a few tips down below how to make the spring rolls:
1) The base
Start by placing vermicelli one-third from the bottom of the circular wrapper. The width of your fillings will determine the width of the spring roll. You want to save space to the two sides for wrapping purposes.
2) Add the other ingredients
Then, add the remaining ingredients. The exact order doesn’t matter much. Just pile them on top, making sure to take up the proper width. It’s ok if the fillings spill upward. I try to leave the top one-third of the wrapper open for wrapping.
3) Let’s roll!
Gently pull the bottom of the wrapper up and over the lower portion of the filling. Try to keep the fillings compact as you roll upwards, just until the fillings are enveloped.
4) Envelope the sides and roll it up!
Pull each side over to enclose the filling. Continue wrapping upward until your spring roll is fully wrapped. That’s it!
Vegan Spring Rolls with Teriyaki Tofu!
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
SERVINGS 10 rolls
For Teriyaki Tofu:
- 200 grams of tofu
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
For the spring rolls :
- 10 spring roll wraps
- 150 grams whole grain vermicelli
- Fresh mint
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 30 grams of spring onion
- 8 radishes
- 1/3 cucumber
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in several paper towels; place in the sink. Place a heavy object on top of the tofu to press the water out. Let the tofu drain for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 375F. Add parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, cornstarch, rice vinegar, garlic powder, sesame (or olive) oil, and ground ginger. Cut tofu into slices, add to the bowl, and toss to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place tofu in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until crispy on the edges.
- While the tofu is cooking, chop and slice your vegetables and fresh herbs, and prepare the whole grain vermicelli according the package.
- Place each spring roll wrap in a bowl with water for about 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate and spread out the edges. Be careful!
- Place the vermicelli first on to the wrap. Add two slices of tofu and the rest of the ingredients. Let’s roll! Place the roll on a plate and repeat with all spring roll wraps.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce, peanut sauce or tamari, and enjoy!
Store the spring rolls in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Did you try this recipe?
I’m very curious how it turned out for you! Share your creation with me on Instagram or leave a comment down below! Can’t wait to see your delicious food!