Morning guys! I’m a really big fan of cake and apple pie. A perfect snack on and my favorite treat. Normally, I’m a chocolate girl, but last week I was into fruits. This time of the year I prefer apples, bananas, pears and grapes. Anyway, I wanted to make a combo of these two. After a couple of hours in the kitchen, here it is: the apple banana CAKE! Enjoy!
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 10 servings
- 200 grams of oat flour (blend oatmeal in de blender)
- 50 grams of almond flour
- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams of raisins
- 50 grams of walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup/ stevia/ coconut sugar (any sweetener you like)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 30 ml of almond milk
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Fill the loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Process bananas, eggs, almond milk, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and maple syrup in a blender.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until all combined.
- Peel 1 1/2 apples and chop in cubes.
- Finally, add the chopped appels, walnuts and raisins to the mixture and mix everything up.
- Cut 1/2 apple in slices and add these on top.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Bake loaf in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes. Make sure you check on your cake.
- Is it golden brown and dry on the inside? It’s ready to remove from the oven! Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or coconut yoghurt, kinda like an apple pie!
That’s all! This easy apple banana loaf gives me a cozy winter and Christmas feeling. It tastes like apple pie, my FAVORITE!
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite cake?