It’s not that I have to say anything bad about normal potatoes, I just don’t make them very often at home. I never ate normal potato that much. My father liked to cook with as a little part of the whole dish, to create more flavor or to fill it up. And, when I have to choose between normal potato or sweet potato, sweet potato definitely wins!
But… I have to admit, when I tried this recipe, this might be my new jam. Especially these cute baby potatoes with a great taste. I love to make these on the cold winter days with homemade sauce. Today I got you covered with this amazing recipe for oven roasted potatoes and tomato-honey sauce!
PREPTIME 5 minutes
COOKTIME 40 minutes
PORTION 6 servings
For the potatoes:
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 2 tblsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Fresh celery
- Pinch of sea salt.
For the sauce:
- 75 gr. tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Cut the potatoes in half and empty into a roasting tin.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper
- Chop fresh celery and sprinkle on the potatoes. Toss gently until everything mixed well.
- Roast potatoes for about 30-35 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, start to make the sauce.
- Mix tomato sauce, tomato paste, olive oil, honey until all combined.
- Add spics and mix well. Let it rest in the fridge.
- When potatoes are golden brown and soft on the inside, remove from oven.
- Serve immediately with the sauce.
Looking for a delicious side dish for the holidays? Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What are you? Team normal potato or team sweet potato? Let me know in the comments below.