Yaaaay! Another chocolate recipe! I can’t get enough of it 🙂 This time I made a healthy snack, made of dades. These energyballs are perfect for on the go, as a treat or for before a workout. I love the sweet taste of dades, and in combination with peanutbutter it’s absolutely perfect! I always make a big batch of these balls so I always have some on hand.
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 10 servings
- 150 grams unpitted dates
- 120 grams rolled oats
- 45 grams chopped almonds (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons peanutbutter or other nutbutter
- 75 ml water
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 100 grams of shredded coconut
- Place rolled oats in a food processor and process on high speed for about 1 minute until it’s oat flour.
- Add the dates, chopped almonds, peanutbutter, water, cacaopowder and salt to the food processor and process for another minute until you formed dough. It should feel like cookie dough: not too dry and not too liquidy. If it feels to dry you can add more peanutbutter, if it’s too liquidy, add more oats.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out a little bit of the dough and roll it between your palms. Roll a little ball and place it on a plate. Repeat until you’re out of dough.
- Place the balls in a cup of shredded coconut until covered.
- Let them rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Time to serve! It’s a perfect on the go snack!
One of the main ingredients is coconut oil to make the bliss balls creamy and soft. My favorite at the moments is the one from BodyLab.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Share your picture with me or leave a comment below 🙂 Happy holidays y’all!