Morning guys! I’m a really big fan of banana bread. A perfect snack on the go and it feels like I’m eating a little cake everytime 🙂 Some of you know I’m am obsessed with dark chocolate, so I wanted to make a combo of these two. After a couple of hours in the kitchen, here it is: A choco banana bread!
PREPTIME 15 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 1 cake
- 200 grams of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 bananas
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup/ stevia/ coconut sugar (any sweetener)
- 30 ml of almond milk
- Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Fill the loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Process bananas, eggs, almond milk and maple syrup in a blender.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until all combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips to the mixture and mix everything up.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Bake it in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes. Make sure you check on your banana bread every so often as it bakes.
- Is it golden brown? And dry on the inside? It’s ready to remove from the oven! Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Enjoy! A perfect combo right?
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you!