I’ve been experimenting with adding different flavors to my oatmeal. My classic combo (almond milk, banana, peanutbutter) is definitely my favorite, but I really like to change every morning. This winter calls for cozy bowls so I tried this romantic combo: chocolate strawberry with hazelnut flavor drops. This was a BIG WINNER!
PREPTIME 5 minutes
COOKTIME 10 minutes
- 50 grams of rolled oats
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1/2 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- A couple of strawberries
- 25 grams of flaked almonds
- 15 grams of cocoa nibs.
- Hazelnut flavor drops
- Combine oats, milk and mashed banana and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- When it starts to bubble, stir occasionally.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract and hazelnut flavor drops and mix up well.
- Remove pan from heat and place in a bowl.
- Add strawberries, almond flakes and cocoa nibs.
I can eat oatmeal everyday for breakfast. It’s so easy to make and makes me feel full for lang. I always make just regular oatmeal, but you can use it for pancakes, banana bread even for burgers!
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite oatmeal flavor? Let me know in the comments below, and maybe I’ll try it!