My first waffle recipe! I made them with my lovely friend Lisa from Foodlies.nl. I still have no waffle iron, but after I made these boys with chocolate flavor, I definitely gonna buy one. These crisp and fluffy waffles are the ultimate morning treat. It’s almost better than a cookie… 🙂
PREPTIME 15 minutes
PORTION 4 waffles
- 125 grams of oatmeal
- 100 grams soy yogurt
- 50 ml almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toppings of your choice
- Heat your waffle iron to medium-high.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine oatmeal, baking powder, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine eggs, soy yogurt, almond milk and maple syrup .
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and make a good stir until all combined.
- Grease your waffle iron with coconut oil and drop 1/4 of batter into the center. Cook until golden brown and lightly crispy for about 5 minutes (depending on your waffle iron)
- Transfer your waffle to a wire rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- When 4 waffles are ready, add your favorite toppings and they ready to serve!
Aren’t they delicious?
Share what you make! I can’t wait to see your creations, so tag me on Instagram @lennaomrani or send me your photo! Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Let me know.