When I was a kid, I had a couple of favorite snacks: Oreos, the typical Dutch ‘stroopwafels’, chocolate chip cookies and BOUNTIES… Actually, I think these will still be my favorites now, haha! Lately, I received way to much chocolate, so I wanted to make something new. Grab your hands on the recipe down below and let’s make this yummy snack!
PREPTIME 20 minutes
RESTTIME 1 1/2 hours
PORTIONS 18 pieces
- 225 g/2 1/2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- 250 g/9 oz dark chocolate drops (I used these from BodyLab)
- 1/4 cup/60 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/100 g coconut yogurt
- Line the bottom and sides of a mold with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, place shredded coconut. Add milk and yogurt and mix until all combined. When it’s too thick, add coconut milk. When too wet, add shredded coconut.
- Place mixture in the mold and press with a spoon until you create a compact layer.
- Cover the mold and let it rest for about 1 hour in the freezer.
- After 1 hour, remove the mold from the freezer and cut the coconut block into cubes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave and dip the cubes in it.
- Refrigerate the cubes for about 15 minutes.
This recipe is everything I love: coconut, chocolate, and ready in a short time. Besides, it reminds me of my childhood, so that makes it even more fun. A lot of reasons to save this one! What are your favorite childhood snacks?