Sometimes, I just crave a super easy meal in a bowl. I love to create my own buddha or poke bowls made with roasted veggies and quinoa or rice, but soup is another big winner for me. My favorite will always be pumpkin-ginger, but this soup made it to my top 5!
PREPTIME 10 minutes
COOKTIME 30 minutes
PORTIONS 4 servings
- 800 g/28 oz peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml /1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 red onion
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pepper & salt to taste
- Optional: 80 ml/ 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook until onions are soft.
- Add more olive oil, dried basil and smoked paprika en stir until all combined.
- Add all of the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and a little bit of black pepper. Mash tomatoes gently with a spoon and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Let the soup simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When tomatoes are completely soft, let it rest for about 5 minutes before mixing.
- Mix the soup until smooth in a blender of with a mixer.
- Serve the soup in bowls and add coconut milk and a little bit of pepper.
This recipe is super easy to make, but definitely one of my favorites. I always love food that’s ready in 30 minutes or less, and it contains ingredients you probably buy every week. So, a lot of reasons to save this one! Enjoy!