Morning guys! I’m a really big fan of cake. A perfect snack on the go and it’s so easy to make Normally, I’m a chocolate girl, but last week I was into the berries. I wanted to make a combo of these two. After a couple of hours in the kitchen, here it is: the merry berry CAKE! Enjoy!
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 10 servings
- 200 grams of oat flour (blend oatmeal in de blender)
- 50 grams of almond flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 100 grams of frozen berries.
- 1 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup/ stevia/ coconut sugar (any sweetener)
- 30 ml of almond milk
- Optional: peanut butter or nuts on top.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Fill the loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Process bananas, eggs, almond milk and maple syrup in a blender.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until all combined.
- Finally, add the berries to the mixture and mix everything up.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. You can add a handful of chopped nuts or peanut butter to put on top, but this is totally optional. Bake it in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes. Make sure you check on your cake.
- Is it golden brown? And dry on the inside? It’s ready to remove from the oven! Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite cake?