This kind of weather makes me crave comfort food. I’m talking about pancakes, pumpkin soup, sweet potato fries AND this delicious pasta. It’s a very creamy because of my homemade hummus. I headed back to the kitchen to make new hummus and tried it as my pasta sauce… Seriously guys, it’s one of my favorite pasta recipes right now! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
PREPTIME 30 minutes
- big serving bowl
- 250 grams (wholegrain) pasta
- 500 grams peas
- 6 tbsp (homemade) hummus
- 1 tbsp lemonjuice
- 2 vegetable broth cubes
- Chopped spring onion
- Olive oil
- Pepper & salt
- Smoked paprika
- Heat water in a pot and add pasta when it reaches a rolling boil.
- Use a colander to drain your pasta, but do not rinse. Return the pot to the stove over medium-low heat.
- Add hummus and peas. When it’s to thick, add water. For extra flavor, you can add vegetable broth instead of water.
- Mix everything and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on a low heat.
- Sprinkle with pepper, salt and smoked paprika.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice plus some olive oil.
- Transfer into serving bowls, top with chopped spring onions and enjoy! 🙂
Seriously, you can wake me for this!! Let me know when you made the recipe!