I’ve always been a chocolate-flavor kinda girl. It used to be about those giant bakery-style muffins with ultra-sugary crumb toppings, but I’ve come to realize you don’t need all that butter and sugar to have a fluffy, tender, perfectly sweet muffin. I even made a healthy version with my favorite new protein powder! A perfect snack before your workout or when you do not want to eat that much of sugar.
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 25 minutes
PORTION 6-8 muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 120 grams oatmeal or oat flour
- 100 ml almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (i used OrangeFit)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 20 grams chocolatechips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil and grease the muffin cases.
- Combine oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder, cacao powder and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs using a whisk, then add almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Finely mash the bananas with a fork until creamy. Add the bananas to the wet ingredients.
- Take a handful of chocolate chips and combine with the dry and wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Make a stir.
- Fill the muffin liners 3/4 of the way up and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
Are you a chocolate love just like me? Give this a try! Please let me know how this recipe turned out for you!