Fall is here so it’s time for my favorite vegetable… PUMPKIN! I can’t get enough of it. It’s not only super healthy, it’s also so versatile. You can add it to your oatmeal, cakes, soups, curries or you can just roast them in the oven! I love how creamy and sweet this veggie is… Perfect to add to one of my favorite snacks… Bananabread! This is definitely a winner! In cooperation with de Notenshop I created this recipe and it’s definitely one of my favorites now.
PREPTIME 35 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 1 loaf
- 200 grams of whole wheat flour
- 30 grams of almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 20 grams pumpkinseeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (Celsius).
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds and stringy fibers with a spoon and grease the two pieces with coconut oil.
- Bake until soft for about 25 minutes. Let it rest for a couple of minutes to cool down.
- When cool, scoop out the pumpkin flesh and add to a big mixing bowl.
- Then, add the bananas, eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil and blend until smooth.
- Mix in a big bowl the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin spice. Stir until combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture en mix all together.
- Fill the loaf pan with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Sprinkle pumpkinseeds on top.
- Bake it in the oven for about 40 minutes. Make sure you check on your bread every so often as it bakes.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
ENJOY THIS DELICIOUS FALL RECIPE!
Do you take time to make your favorite snack? Give this a try! Please let me know how this recipe turned out for you!