This kind of weather makes me crave cosy dishes. Up until few years ago, I really only used pumpkin for Christmas recipes, but these days I add it to a lot of my recipes. I love the sweet taste of it but you can make it savory or spicy as well.
Fall is here so I have for you a recipe that’s definitely worth a try!
PREPTIME 40 minutes
PORTION 6 persons
- 400 grams pumpkin in cubes
- 1 red onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 200 grams red lentils
- 2 vegetable broth cubes
- 2 liters of water
- 2 tbsp massala spices
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper & salt
- Optional: coconut milk & coriander.
- Fry chopped onion in a saucepan over medium high heat until translucent.
- Cut garlic in little pieces and add it to the onions. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add massala, ground ginger salt and pepper.
- Now you can add pumpkin, lentils and a little bit of extra olive oil. Stir to combine everything with the spices.
- Add 2 liters of water and vegetable cubes, bring to a boil and reduce heat: gently boil, covered for 25 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is soft, turn off the heat blend until smooth.
- Serve in bowls with coconut milk and fresh coriander.
Easy as that!
I really love fall and winter recipes. It gives me the cosy feeling of the holidays. Do you love fall as much as I do? Let me know in the comments below.