Just look at this colourful and protein-rich dish! It’s tasty, nutritious and easy to make too! I serve this with all of the different ingredients nicely arranged in a big saladbowl, but when I i put it on my plate, I mix everything up because the flavour combination is heavenly guys! When you’re looking for a filling salad, you really have to try this!
Enjoy this recipe everyone!
- 500 grams (vegan) chicken
- 300 grams quinoa
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Fresh mint
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degress Celcius.
- Place red bell peppers zucchini on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Roast the vegetables in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- When the vegetables are in the oven, you can start cooking the quinoa. Combine the rinsed quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water (+/- 15 minutes).
- Remove the saucepan from heat, cover, and let the quinoa rest for 10 minutes.
- When the vegetables are ready, turn off the oven and put the vegetables in a big serving bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and add chicken with sambal, pepper and salt. Cook until golden brown an cooked through. Remove from heat chicken from pan and cover.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, quinoa, chicken, tomato and cucumber.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice and chopped fresh mint. I added more sambal, but this is totally optional. For best flavour, let the salad rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
TIP: you can leave chicken for a completely vegan option, and you can replace the quinoa for couscous.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Share your picture with me or leave a comment below 🙂