Another chia recipe for you! This jam is thickened with chia seeds (instead of tons of extra sugar), super easy to make and very delicious. I spread it on my toast, in my oatmeal bowl or on my pancakes. You will feel great about this!
PREPTIME 5 minutes
COOKTIME 5 minutes
PORTION 1 jar
- 300 grams frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat raspberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, until the fruit is heated through and begins to break down and bubble. Use a spoon to mash the fruit a little bit.
- Add maple syrup and let it cook for about 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add chia seeds and let it cook for about 10 minutes on a low heat. Give it a good stir. Keep stirring.
- Remove from heat. The jam will thicken now. Add vanilla extract and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- When the jam is too thick, you can add a little bit of water. Add more maple syrup or sweetener to make it sweeter.
Raspberry and blueberry are definitely my favorite flavors to make jam with, but keep in mind that you can make this jam with different kinds of fruits! If you make this recipe, share your photo with me or tag me (@lennaomrani). Enjoy!