As you guys know, I’m obsessed with oats. I can eat it in every form. From savory to sweet and from stove cooked to overnight prepared. And now these baked oats have been hitting the spot lately! It feels like eating a pie for breakfast. I mean, what do you want more?
PREPTIME 5 minutes
BAKETIME 25 minutes
PORTION 4 servings
- 200 grams of oatmeal
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 350 ml oatmilk or any other plant based milk.
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 100 grams strawberries.
- Optional: peanut butter, pecans, extra banana or maple syrup.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Celsius)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, mashed banana and coconut oil.
- Arrange half of the strawberries on the bottom of the baking dish and cover with the dry ingredient mix.
- Then, drizzle the wet ingredients over the oats. Make sure the milk is moves down trough the oats.
- Put the other half of the berries on top and add pecans, more banana or coconut. This is totally optional.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Optional: drizzle some peanut butter on top
ENJOY YOUR OATS!
Do you take time to make your breakfast? No? Give this a try! Please let me know how this recipe turned out for you!