It’s time for a delicious and easy recipe today! This well-filled salad can be categorized as a summer meal. I think it’s a great dish for the hot days. The fresh flavors in combination with some spicy herbs, I get the real summer feeling! There are lots of ways to make tabouleh (in other words; couscous salad), but this is definitely my favorite. Read on!
INGREDIENTS (4 portions)
- 250 g / 9 oz of (whole grain) couscous
- 1/2 cucumber
- 250 g / 9 oz of cherrytomatoes
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 400 g / 14 oz of shrimps
- 100 g / 4 oz of feta cheese (cubes)
- 1 jar of smoked paprika
- fresh mint
- 50 g / 2 oz of almonds
- a squeeze of lemonjuice
- pepper & salt
- sambal oelek
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbl spoon of mustard
- frying pan & sauce pan
- a big saladbowl
- garlic press
- Bring water, salt and olive oil to a boil in a saucepan. Add couscous and stir quickly. Turn off the heat and cover.
- Cut cucumber, cherry tomatoes, feta, smoked paprika into pieces/cubes. Make sure you peel and seed the cucumber and tomatoes.
- When the couscous is ready, combine it with the vegetables in a big saladbowl.
- Fry shrimps in some olive oil and add sambal, salt & pepper and some garlic to your taste on a medium-high heat.
- Flip and cook 2 minutes on the other side until they just beginning to turn pink.
- Add the shrimps to the couscous.
- Mince fresh mint and almonds and add this too.
- The last stap: dressing. Mix some olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt and mustard and you’re dressing is ready! Add more salt or pepper to your taste.
- Mix everything up together and… That’s it!.
Seriously, you can wake me for this!! Let me know when you made the recipe!