Yes! Another on-the-go snack recipe! Lately, I’m trying lots of different vegan protein powders. I think, I like vanilla and banana flavor the most. I’m using vegan protein powder for two years now, and I absolutely LOVE it! But just the shakes are boring, so I try to use it in my pancakes, oatmeal or banana bread. Today, I have these amazing vanilla protein muffins for you. Perfect as a snack or you can take two for breakfast. Get your hands on the recipe!
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 40 minutes
PORTION 4 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml almond milk (3/4 cup)
- 100 grams of buckwheat flour (3/4 cup)
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein
- 1 tblsp. peanutbutter
- 1 tblsp. coconut oil
- 3 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Crack the eggs into your food processor and blend until light.
- Add the almond milk, peanut butter, honey, melted coconut oil, baking powder, vanilla extract and sea salt. Blend until combined.
- Place the mixture in a large mixing bowl and add vanilla protein powder and buckwheat flour. Mix until it’s all combined. The mixture should be very thick.
- Grease muffin cases with coconut oil and divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Bake the muffins until well risen en golden (this is about 35 minutes, but it depends on what kind of oven you have). Keep watching the muffins while in the oven.
- Remove from the oven when ready and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
VANILLICIOUS (Len, seriously?)
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite muffin flavor? Let me know in the comments below, and maybe I’ll try it!