Mmm.. These black bean burgers are my new OBSESSION! I’m trying meatless burgers a lot but most of them are made with egg. Today I have a burger for you that’s completely VEGAN. It’s very easy to make and believe me, you won’t miss the meat at all. Grab your hands on the recipe down below!
PREPTIME 10 minutes
BAKETIME 20 minutes
PORTION 4 burgers
- 1 can of black beans (250 grams)
- 1 red onion
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 50 grams of corn
- 4-5 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and olive oil to a frying pan and sauté on a medium-high heat until the onions are softened.
- Place the cooked onions and garlic in a food processor. Add the black beans, corn, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and black pepper. Process until smooth.
- Add the oatmeal to the mixing bowl and mix in. If the mix still seems very wet, then add a little more oatmeal.
- Divide the batter into four equal portions and form them into burger patties. Roll it to a ball and press it down with your hands or the base of a glass.
- Place the burgers on parchment paper and place in the oven. Bake the burgers for about 15-20 minutes.
- When crunchy and cooked, turn off the oven.
- Serve hamburgers on (whole wheat) buns with lettuce, sprouts, sliced tomato, avocado and sliced red cabbage.
- Optional: add ketchup or mustard.
These burgers are looking really good aren’t they??
Give this easy recipe a try and let me know how it turned out for you! What’s your favorite junkfood? Let me know in the comments below, and maybe I’ll try to make a healthier version!