OMG guys, I have something for you that’s extremely DELICIOUS! If you crave something sweet or if you’re just a chocolate lover like me, then is this recipe your next stop. I wanted to make a pie for NYE last week, so I tried Rens Kroes’ chocolate pie recipe. But when I started, I noticed I missed half of the ingredients… So, here it is, my version of the no bake tart! Enjoy!
PREPTIME 20 minutes
RESTTIME 2 hours
PORTIONS 1 pie
For the crust:
- 150 g/5 oz. almonds
- 150 g/ 5 0z. hazelnuts
- 20 g/1 oz. cocoa powder
- 100 g/3.5 oz. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp oatmeal
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 250 g/9 oz. 85% dark chocolate
- 180 ml/1 cups coconut milk (not light)
- 250 /1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 big sweet potato.
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Mix hazelnuts & almonds in a food processor or blender until finely ground.
- Add melted coconut oil, oatmeal, cocoa powder, salt, honey and vanilla extract and mix everything in a bowl.
- When all combined, press the dough into the springform pan.
- Freeze the crust for about 30 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato in cubes and cook for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- While sweet potato is cooking, melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Add coconut milk, coconut yogurt, honey, vanilla extract and salt. Mix until all combined.
- When sweet potato is cooked, mix in the food processor until smooth and add it to the chocolate mixture.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and spoon the filling into the form. Make sure the crust is all covered.
- Place the pie in the fridge for about 2 hours until firm.
- When pie is firmed, add chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Ready to serve!
This recipe is everything I love: full of nutrients, made with chocolate and vegan! So, a lot of reasons to save this one! Enjoy:)