When I was struggling a lot with my eating disorder, pasta was a big NO GO for me. I was always afraid of eating too much carbs and gaining weight. Unfortunately, I’m not the only one who thought that way. I’m glad I can enjoy all foods again without thinking about it. And let’s be honest: who doesn’t love a bowl of pasta? This amazing vegan pesto and tofu combo is going to be your new favorite way to eat pasta. Only 5 ingredients, it’s easy and seriously delicious!
PREPTIME 5 minutes
COOKTIME 20 minutes
PORTIONS 4 servings
- 350 grams of whole wheat pasta (penne)
- 135 grams of vegan red pesto
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 400 grams of smoked tofu.
- Optional: pine nuts, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. When the pasta is ready, drain it then add it back to the pan. Add a little bit of olive oil so it won’t get dry.
- Cut smoked tofu in cubes and cherry tomatoes in half.
- Add vegan pesto to the pasta and mix well together. Add tofu and tomatoes as well.
- When tomatoes and tofu are added, you can make it a little bit more spicy. I love to add black pepper and a little bit of garlic powder, but this is totally optional.
- Place rucola on a plate and add the pasta. Serve with pine nuts and a little bit of rucola on top.
This recipe is super easy to make, but definitely one of my favorites. I always love food that’s ready in 30 minutes or less, and it contains ingredients you probably buy every week. So, a lot of reasons to save this one! Enjoy!