Looking for a delicious vegan recipe you can meal prep for a couple of days? Look no further! I have an amazing vegan quiche for you. This protein-packed savory tart is gluten free, super easy to make and believe me, SUPER delicious… What makes this pie special? A bottom made of sweet potato! Grab your hands on the recipe down below.
PREPTIME 15 minutes
COOKTIME 45 minutes
PORTIONS 1 pie
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 10 cups of spinach (300 grams)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 3 cups of tofu
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and wash sweet potatoes en cut in thin slices.
- Grease the quiche pan using coconut oil and cover the bottom and sides with sweet potato slices.
- Bake sweet potato crust for about 20 minutes, until soft, NOT crispy.
- While sweet potato is baking, prepare the filling. Add tofu, 2 tbsp. of olive oil, black pepper, salt and cumin to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- When tofu mix is ready you can make the rest of the filling. Chop red and white onion, garlic and bell peppers and fry in a pan on medium high heat. When veggies are glassy, add spinach. Cook until veggies are soft.
- Add the soy sauce, baking soda and veggie mix to the tofu mix and stir until all combined. Optional: add sea salt.
- When sweet potato is ready, add the filling mixture to the quiche pan and cover sweet potato.
- Bake the quiche for another 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a side salad or some whipped coconut yogurt!
This recipe has everything I love: sweet potato, tofu and lots of garlic and other spices. Besides, it reminds me of my childhood: my mother made quiche almost every week. So, that makes it even more fun for me to make! A lot of reasons to save this one! What are your favorite savory pies?