This delicious and warm salad is perfect for cold days. Now I have nothing against white rice every once in a while, and I never skip any kinds of food, but man oh man do I love wild rice. The taste is so much fuller tasted than white rice, especially in this salad. If you’re new to wild rice, have a good look at your local grocery shop because these days it’s everywhere! An easy recipe, especially for fall and completely vegan!
PREPTIME 5 minutes
COOKTIME 15 minutes
PORTION 4 servings
- 200 grams of (soaked!) wild rice
- 2 big carrots
- 250 grams of cooked green/brown lentils
- 100 grams of kale
- 40 grams of pecans
- 50 grams of cranberries
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh thyme
- garlic powder
- pepper & salt
- Place wild rice and 600 ml of water in a sauce pan. Put the lid on, bring it to a boil, turn the heat down, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until most water is absorbed.
- When rice is cooked, remove from heat, make a stir, set aside and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut the carrots in little cubes.
- In a big mixing bowl, mix kale, lentils, carrot, pecans and cranberries.
- Add cooled rice, fresh thyme and garlic and stir until combined.
- Now you can add the dressing: in a small bowl, mix tahin, olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the wild rice salad. Give it a toss.
- Allow it to sit a couple of minutes for all the flavors to blend before serving.
Do you love fall as much as I do? Give this a try! And please let me know how this recipe turned out for you!